So, if you’ve been following me on Instagram, you might already know that I have a pretty large collection of Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. I’m currently sitting at 75 shadows, not including my backups of my favorites. It’s a bit extensive, I know – but I love this formula & I love Colourpop products as a whole. I’m super excited they came out with their own pressed shadows – but that’ll be a whole other post on it’s own.
Why do I love the super shock shadows? Well, they have the most unique formula I’ve ever seen in an eyeshadow. They’re kind of a hybrid between a powder & a mousse. The best way to describe the texture is.. squishy. But it’s not just the formula I love – they’re jam packed with pigmentation & they blend so easily! I know some people find them difficult to blend but if you find a good synthetic brush (the Colourpop brushes work really well) you shouldn’t have an issue. I also have some Still Spa Essentials brushes from Walmart that I use for the matte & satin shades. For the metallics & glitters I just use my finger to apply to my lid.
I’ve spent the last 3 or so hours going through each & every one of my eyeshadows to give you a color description along with swatches. My arm is kinda hurting after all the swiping & cleaning. So if you’d like to see swatches &
a little bit of information, keep on reading!
I’ve split up my shadows by quads/sets & singles. I will put “DC” beside the ones that have been discontinued & are no longer available. I will put a ♥ beside the ones that I love the most. There are some shades in the quads that I no longer have, so I will put an ✘ beside the ones I don’t own anymore.
Quads & Sets
I’m going to kick this off with the two quads that KathleenLights did in collaboration with Colourpop. KathleenLights is one of my most favorite YouTubers & I knew when I saw these I had to have them both.
I pretty much support all her collaborations. Each one of these quads go for $18USD or you can get the individual shades for $5USD each. The two quads Kathleen came out with are Where The Light Is & Where The Night Is.
Where The Light Is ($18USD)
- ✘ Glow – Creamy vanilla in a matte finish.
- ♥ Cornelious – Warm caramel in a matte finish.
- KathleenLights – Bright golden copper in a pearlized finish.
- Blaze – Coco bronze with multi-dimensional glitter in a metallic finish.
Where The Night Is ($18USD)
- ♥ Weenie – True rose gold in a pearlized finish.
- Porter – Warm burgundy with multi-dimensional glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ Telepathy – Chartreuse in an ultra metallic finish.
- Midnight – Black with gold glitter in a metallic finish.
Next, I’ll be talking about two discontinued quads – which I normally wouldn’t do, but since this is technically a post about my collection; I figured I’d add them in. Beach Please was one of the first quads I ever got from Colourpop, at the time all their quads were $20USD. I really only got this quad for one of the shades in it, which I ended up using later on for my own personal tie dye that I made (#facepalm). There’s only two shades in Beach Please that I still have, but figured I’d throw them into the bunch anyway. The other quad was in collaboration with Jenn IM which is called Jenn Ne Sais Quoi & it’s a really nice quad that you can make a full look with – it kind of saddens me that they discontinued this quad – but I suppose, they had to make room for
better things & stuff.
Beach Please (Discontinued)
- ✘ Summer Lovin’ – Soft beige bronze in a tie dye finish.
- 3 – Cool toned bronze with multi-color glitter in a metallic finish.
- ✘ Chipper – Cool green with glitter in a pearlized finished.
- Lovely – Soft gold with a glittery sheen in a metallic finish.
Jenn Ne Sais Quoi (Discontinued)
- Un – Soft champagne with silver multi-dimensional glitter in a metallic finish.
- Deux – Midtone warm brown in a satin finish.
- Trois – Brownish brick red in a satin finish.
- Quatre – Deep brown in a matte finish.
The next two quads are Studio 1400 which is limited edition & it’s currently on sale for $14.40USD. As well as Zingara which was part of their fall collection which is still available for $18USD.
I love both of these quads a lot, all the shades are unique & highly pigmented. Studio 1400 isn’t one you can complete a full look with because all the shadows are pearlized. Whereas, Zingara you can definitely get a complete eye look with this one quad.
Studio 1400 ($14.40USD on sale, soon to be discontinued)
- 8 Track – Deep bronze in a pearlized finish.
- ♥ White Rabbit – Pink copper in a pearlized finish.
- ♥ Donna – Emerald green in a pearlized finish.
- Static – Deep burgundy in a pearlized finish.
- ✘ Jinxie – Soft gold in a pearlized finish.
- ♥ Paradox – Warm burgundy red in a satin finish.
- ♥ Elixir – Terracotta in a matte finish.
- Seeker – Warm reddish brown in a matte finish.
I had been trying my hardest not to buy anything from the HelloKitty collaboration, but of course, like the Colourpop Addict that I am, I caved. I ended up getting the Mama’s Apple Pie quad & if I’m being completely honest – I really didn’t like any of the shadows, besides maybe one.
Two of the four are pretty much all glitter (which I’m not a fan of), one is decent & the other is just super patchy. All in all, I wish I hadn’t wasted my money on this quad, when I could’ve just waited for something better.
Mama’s Apple Pie ($18USD)
- Rainbow – White with pink & silver glitter in a glitter sheer finish.
- Friendship File – Warm peachy beige with glitter in a metallic finish.
- Small Gift – Midtone peachy pink in a pearlized finish.
- School Bus – Deep navy blue in a pearlized finish.
The next three quads (All Nighter, Peachy Keen & Love Line – each $18USD) were part of their peach collection & you best believe, I jumped all over that. I love peach shades with my eye color & I wear them quite often (regardless of what time of year it is). I snagged up all three quads when they launched.
The only thing that was somewhat off-putting was that a couple of the quads had shades in them that I already owned – repeat offenders! But nonetheless, these quads get a lot of love & use. I just noticed that each of these quads are part of bundles; where you get the quad + a trio of lippies; each of the bundles are on sale for $33USD.
All Nighter ($18USD)
- ♥ Smash – Neutral beige with a soft gold sheen in a satin finish.
- Vega – Cool toned taupe gold with gold, pink & violet glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ To-A-T – Midtone warm brown in a matte finish.
- Mooning – Blackened plum with a violet sheen in a pearlized finish.
Peachy Keen ($18USD)
- Crimper – Soft gold with multi-dimensional gold glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ Kennedy – True midtone peach in a matte finish.
- ♥ Cornelious – Warm caramel in a matte finish.
- Bandit – Warm rusty brown in a matte finish.
Love Line ($18USD)
- ♥ Truth – Neutral light beige in a satin finish.
- Sequin – Copper with multi-dimensional glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ Brady – Soft dusty rose in a matte finish.
- Static – Deepened burgundy in a pearlized finish.
The next two are sets (not quads) because they each came with 6 shadows instead of 4. The first one is the Love a Flare set (one of my absolute favorites) which is being discontinued soon & is on sale for $20USD. I love the colors in this set, I’ve hit pan on a few of them already.
This box comes with a mirror which would be ideal for traveling. I also turned all my set boxes into my own DIY z-palettes; by taking out the foam that surrounds each of the pots.
Love a Flare ($20USD on sale, soon to be discontinued)
- ♥ I Spy – Dusty peach in a matte finish.
- Melrose – True rust in a matte finish.
- ♥ Moonwalk – Rusty orange with a yellow/green duochrome shift in a pearlized finish.
- ♥ By My Side – Yellowish peach with a pink duochrome shift in a pearlized finish.
- High Rise – Deep olive in a matte finish.
- Head Rush – Khaki olive in a matte finish.
The other is Never Not Chillin which has already been discontinued because it was part of their holiday collection. The packaging came in a record inspired box & the packaging of the actual shadow pots is black, I loooove the holiday collection packaging. You could probably take out the foam from this one as well to turn into a DIY z-palette; however, I didn’t do that just in case I ended up wrecking the circular box that holds the shadows.
Never Not Chillin’ (Discontinued)
- Peekaboo – Soft gold with glitter in a metallic finish.
- Patchwork – Blackened teal with teal glitter in a metallic finish.
- Thirsty Girl – Deep brown with gold glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ Desert – Medium brown in a satin finish.
- ✘ Babykins – Medium dark plum with glitter in a metallic finish.
- ♥ Fairfax – Deep brown in a matte finish.
Individuals By Finish
I swear, this post does have an end, soon… hopefully. If you’re still reading, I truly thank you because when I sat down to type this, I didn’t think it was going to be this long. If I’ve bored you by now, I’m truly sorry (#notsorry) & should probably stop while I’m ahead – but it’s too late to turn back now! Each individual shadow is $5USD!
Mattes, Satins & Pearlized
- ♥ Hanky Panky – Light warm beige.
- ♥ Bill – Light dusty mauve.
- ♥ Tang – Soft plum beige.
- ♥ Girl Crush (DC) – Midtone true gray.
- ♥ Party Time (DC/LE) – Eggplant purple.
- Hustle (DC) – Burgundy violet.
- ♥ Wattles – Dusty pinkish beige.
- Hot Tamale – Coppery brown with multi-dimensional glitter.
- Puppy Love – Cream pink with a gold sheen (NKLA Charity).
- ♥ Coconut – Bright teal.
- ♥ Lace – Deep violet.
Metallics & Glitters
- Birthday Girl – Light gold with pink & silver glitter.
- Ignition – Lavender with glitter (Amanda Steele Collab).
- Prickly Pear – Lavender with gold & violet glitter.
- Cat Nap – Rose gold with pink & silver glitter (NKLA Charity).
- Shameless – Black with gold & green glitter.
- Stereo – Blackened purple with gold & pink glitter.
- Muse – True rose with a slight sheen.
- ♥ Koosh (DC) – Icy silver taupe.
- Just Fur Fun (DC) – Warm pink with glitter.
- Tinsel (DC) – Grayed out icy lavender.
- Sleigh (DC) – Icy sage with silver glitter.
- Hydroplane – Bright turquoise teal with glitter (Amanda Steele Collab).
- Cusp – Bright green with blue & gold glitter.
- Arrow – Vibrant reddish pink with pink & copper glitter.
- Cricket – Icy purple with multi-dimensional glitter.
- Bae – Eggplant purple with blue glitter.
In conclusion, I love the Super Shock formula, the blendability & the pigmentation. Some shades have been a hit or miss just because there’s some that I expected more out of. But all in all, I love them & probably always will – they were the first Colourpop products I ever tried. Again, I’m sorry if this post seemed super long (it was, I’ll admit) or even boring (which I hope it wasn’t) but if you have any other suggestions for more collection posts, leave me a comment!